Daniel Lepage on 23 Apr 2003 20:25:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 39 BALLOT

On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 09:51  PM, Glotmorf wrote:

A siren creates a flypaper zone around a rock, so
a siren controls
more area than a rock, or even a line of rocks,
for far less points.
Players can't move through rocks, but players
can't even move past
rocks with sirens on them.

I don't mean that Big Rocks are an alternative to
Sirens; I mean that
as long as we can drop them anywhere, we can easily
destroy any Sirens
in our paths. Not to mention that Bomb Gnomes, Force
Destruction, and
Speeder Lasers can all do it too. As long as it's
easy to take out a
Siren, they serve no tactical purpose.

Timing is everything.  Someone can drop a tactical
siren on a rock someone is sufficiently close to, and
that person is stuck until either e toads or someone
else splats the siren.  E can't splat eir own siren.

E can't drop a rock on it. E can, however, Bomb it, Destroy it, or Shoot it. Given that vSOI has low prices and unlimited supplies, at least one of those is always possible.

For that matter, I believe e can also Quarry it. Or get away by paying an Airways to throw em. Or find a teleporter Bonus Box and Warp Out.

--
Wonko