Glotmorf on 22 Apr 2003 21:19:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 39 BALLOT

On 4/22/03 at 4:58 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 03:50  PM, Glotmorf wrote:
>
>> The Prez of M-Tek presents the M-Tek Position on the nweek 39 ballot:
>>
>>> Proposal 1441/0: Hey, another fix! (Wonko)
>>
>> No.  No change since last nweek.
>
>What was the objection last week? If you're complaining about the
>'neutering' of Gnome bags, remember that they don't work here anyway;
>I'm just making it more obvious that they have no effect.

Gnome bags protect gnomes in them from entropy meltdowns and a side effect of a Ring of Summons.  If you want to make gnome bags go away, do a thorough job of it.  Don't just take away one of the effects.

>>> Proposal 1458/0: Cleanup I: Mischeviousness, Siren Bait, High
>>> Priestess
>>> (Wonko)
>>
>> Part 1: Yes.
>> Part 2: No.  Siren bait has strategic usefulness, especially if there
>> are more rocks.
>> Part 3: Yes.
>
>As long as players are allowed to buy rocks at any location at any
>time, there will never be any strategic use for Sirens at all, unless
>you have some reason for wanting a player to lose a point or two.

A siren creates a flypaper zone around a rock, so a siren controls more area than a rock, or even a line of rocks, for far less points.  Players can't move through rocks, but players can't even move past rocks with sirens on them.

A side thought...Should everything on the grid be BNS-based?

>>> Proposal 1462/0: Cleanup V: Shears and Swabs (Wonko)
>>
>> Hmm.  No.
>
>Any particular reason?

Still seems like they should be useful, especially considering squares of type fire, Barney being on fire, and burning drilling rigs.
-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower