Baron von Skippy on 22 Apr 2003 01:26:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Fixing the Number Game

Next: Where does it say I'm giving everyone everything? I gave a method to awarding points to each player, not every player. Otherwise, we get into confusion - who is "the player" I keep referring to?

"At the end of each nweek, the Administrator awards a number of points to each player equal to 5 raised to the n power, rounded to the nearest point, where n is determined as follows:"

Yeah. The "to each player" part. I wasn't sure if it was a typo, but judging from youre response, I assume it is.

-I know that's what you mean, but look at the whole thing for a second - the context should make it easy to understand. Each player gets paid 5 to the nth, where n is calculated individually. Otherwise, Dave has several ns and has to award everyone points based on one of them? No, that's no good.-

-Well, that was nice when the pot was smaller, but this way, you can find a spot that gives you 100 points a turn and just sit there. That's no good.-

And that's why I say don't have a giant pot. You can say these things balance each other out, and in a sense they do, but I don't think it's good.

-Well... I think we're at an impasse, then. *shrug* This is why people vote on these things. I see a system which is doing nothing but give our Admin a headache, and a way to make it do something. You disagree, as is your right. I say we let someone else join the discussion, or let it go.-

[[BvS]]