Daniel Lepage on 19 Apr 2003 02:39:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Friday evening)

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 10:17  PM, David E. Smith wrote:

The Web site's Clock is updated. It's nday 7 right now, IIRC.

Wild West Justice:
Baron von Skippy rules TRUE on CFI 1438.
Orc appeals CFI 1438.
The following are eligible to rule on that CFI, via the Upper House:
Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Glotmorf, Iain, Rob, Wonko
Those seven players have to arrive at a majority decision, or else I do it.

I'm for FALSE on this, as I think there is a distinction between 'moving' and 'being moved'. Precedent dictates that a Pinball Gun can knock someone out of a Siren's ZOE; the Speeder rule seems to indicate that speeders work the same way, moving themselves while dragging their cargo with them.

Certainly it seems clear that if the speeder gets Pinballed away, Orc ought to go with it; it also seems that whether Orc is pulled by eir speeder should be independent of whether e caused it to move by pushing a button or by shooting it with a Pinball Gun.

--
Wonko