Baron von Skippy on 19 Apr 2003 02:05:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Fwd: RE: [Thermo] Proposals File

2. ThermodyNomic introduces a Grid-like system, and there are teleports
between the two grids. Anyone on a foreign grid carries eir stuff with em
and is bound by the new movement rules. Integrates the two Nomics to a
greater degree, and gets more confusing, but allows for trade in really
straightforward ways.

-So with that, we could fairly easily link B, Thermo, Agora, and Nomicron to each other. Could be interesting, especially the prospect of using different grids to your advantage - maybe it's faster at the moment to go through Agora to the B Nomic gate than it is to just strike out for B Nomic, for example.-

How are other grids scaled? I got the impression that Nomicron's was not a Grid upon which players could walk around, but more of a theoretical world where each square represented a large tract of land, an entire estate by itself.

Agora, on the other hand, seems to be based on a player-size grid, which is about two factors of ten off, scale-wise, from the Nomicron idea.

We seem to be doing a bit of both - the grid was player-scaled up until Armies arrived; now it's actually kind of absurd - a space small enough to be filled by a single player so that no other player can enter is somehow large enough to hold an entire Army?

-Players need their bubbles.-

[[BvS]]