bd on 19 Apr 2003 00:55:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Fwd: RE: [Thermo] Proposals File

On Friday 18 April 2003 08:50 pm, Baron von Skippy wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > -Yay, someone else is picking up on my idea! Maybe it stands a chance
> > > of doing something now. Especially since I don't think Nomicron will be
> >
> >very
> >
> > > willing to adopt any change. *pause* And they won't want to adopt any
> > > changes which link us to them. They're very conservative, very
> > > backwards-thinking, and I seem to have slightly angered several of
> > > their players (read: I'm glad they don't have my address).-
> >
> >Hm? Do tell...
>
> -Go to www.nomicron.org, find a link to join, and ask the admin if you can
> just watch. Or join. I could use an ally... here, I'll forward something in
> a minute.-

> >at

> >of

> >transportation

> > > -So we can load Speeders to the limit with stuff and fly them through
> >
> >into
> >
> > > another Nomic? I like the idea. Hell, we could even have it so that you
> >
> >can
> >
> > > steal things from the cargo speeders, so you need to protect them and
> > > stuff. I'm seeing competing firms in the transport business. It could
> > > be

> > > whole subgame in and of itself.-
> >
> >Interesting...
> >
> >Actually, since Thermo has entropy (sort of), we could export Monoliths :)
>
> -Or entropy / energy.-

> > > -Well, a universal currency is fine, just arrange an exchange rate
> >
> >between
> >
> > > it and BNS or it and points.-
> >
> >Perhaps use a ratio? 1 coin : x BNS == all coins in circulation : all BNS
> >in
> >circulation
>
> -I like that, it's simple. Now figure out their exchange rate, and we're in
> business, so to speak.-

They don't have anything to excahgne it with :) All they have are generic
Things, which need to be destroyed if you want to make other things (like,
say, rules). And you have to destroy and create at the same time; no
destroying and then creating in two props.
- --
bd
Se você é capaz de sorrir quando tudo deu errado, é porque já
descobriu em quem pôr a culpa.