Glotmorf on 2 Apr 2003 19:43:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] If it IS broke, fix it!

On 4/2/03 at 2:06 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>>"At least some of that BNS should go towards labor": Do you mean the BNS
>>should be higher in proportion to the RUs?  Or do you mean not all the
>BNS
>>spent should come to WBE?  Labor isn't figured into the other products,
>>even though they too presumably have to be installed; otherwise they
>>wouldn't need to be put on a speeder at a mall.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>
>-Personally, I think this little movement to pay labor costs is silly, but
>here's a thought for a solution: What if labor was paid by chopping a
>percentage out of the capital resource stocks of each corporation each
>nweek? Say, 5 percent per nweek, regardless of the total or how many
>purchases happened that nweek, go to labor? That way, we don't have to
>bother with altering prices or defining some of the cost to go to the
>company and some to vanish mysteriously or what have you.-

I'd as soon think taxes, used to build unowned facilities on the grid when there's enough accumulated.  I do hope you're talking BNS, though?  RUs are hard enough to get as it is without them disappearing to worker pilferage.

						Glotmorf
-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower