Glotmorf on 2 Apr 2003 03:22:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop 1418

--- Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 11:03  PM, Glotmorf
> wrote:
>
> > Baron...you might want to put a conditional on
> here, in case p1407
> > passes, since it would mean all this stuff will
> get destroyed in the
> > event of a win.
> >
> > I should think having an unpowered improvement be
> deactivated would be
> > better than scrapped.  The average RL factory
> wouldn't go into
> > meltdown if it had no power.  Perhaps a systemwide
> brownout is another
> > alternative.
>
> Deactivation would be a pain - who decides which
> would get destroyed?
> Better might be simply to have the plant try anyway;
> roll 1d5, add the
> number of improvements being powered beyond the
> limit; if this number
> is greater than, say, 3, the power plant melts down,
> Whoopassing it and
> neighboring squares.

Yes, but if there's multiple power plants, which one
melts down?  Which oen gets destroyed is, as proposed,
random; which one gets deactivated could be random
too.

Another reason for deactivation is that, if one
suddenly (dare we say, from an act of war?) finds
oneself without enough power plants, one could shut
down some of one's facilities until a new power plant
could be built, powering them up and down as desired.

-- Glotmorf