Daniel Lepage on 2 Apr 2003 01:05:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop 1418

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 11:03  PM, Glotmorf wrote:

Baron...you might want to put a conditional on here, in case p1407 passes, since it would mean all this stuff will get destroyed in the event of a win.

I should think having an unpowered improvement be deactivated would be better than scrapped. The average RL factory wouldn't go into meltdown if it had no power. Perhaps a systemwide brownout is another alternative.

Deactivation would be a pain - who decides which would get destroyed? Better might be simply to have the plant try anyway; roll 1d5, add the number of improvements being powered beyond the limit; if this number is greater than, say, 3, the power plant melts down, Whoopassing it and neighboring squares.

Should service malls have unowned landing zones? I know Elbonian Airways is far more concerned with takeoff than landing, but > still...:)

I think we should drop unowned landing zones entirely. Make people build 'em if they want troops. Mostly, I don't like the idea of buying lots of land, but having an unowned LZ in the middle of my fortress.

--
Wonko