Daniel Lepage on 2 Apr 2003 01:12:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Upper House change

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 10:41  PM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The Prez of M-Tek makes this club prop:

{{ _I'm Not Too Old to Work!_

In the second paragraph of Rule 128, replace "who is a veteran of B Nomic" with "who meets or exceeds the requirements to be a Veteran of B Nomic".

[[ Aside from wanting to do some appellate judging myself, I see the possibility of there some day only being Archs or newbies and therefore no one to judge an appeal. ]]

}}

I was honestly suprised to see that only Veterans, and then even newer players, were Appelate judges, as well. I think the reason for this is that those who've been around longer get Council of Elder seats to vie for, while us lowly veterans do not.

This was true, but was made when all *archs were on the Council. Now it's just three, and I'd like it if those of us who aren't currently Councilors could participate in the Justice system.

As such, I don't think I want to support this change. Change the Council of Elders, or get rid of it completly, and I will support this change.

What's wrong with the Council?

--
Wonko