Orc In A Spacesuit on 15 Mar 2003 10:24:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] When Grid freezes over

I propose
{{__Unlikely Icecapades__
-[[Two things to say. One, your phrasing gave me an interesting idea. You call the rule "Proto-Ice Bombs," and the objects people can get "Proto-Bombs." This looks like an error - you may want to fix it, but before you do, what if instead of there being objects called Proto-Ice Bombs, there were objects called Proto-Bombs which briefly changed the state of Grid squares, and Ice Bombs were one type of many? Other types could include Fire, Water, and even Void.

Well, it was intentional. The title of the rule, which in and of itself has abolutly no effect on the game, is the longer version that is there so we know what the things are supposed to be emulating. In the actual rules, I chose a shorter name. Though I may do a revision in a couple days, and revise that. As for the proto-part, proto means "before" or "first", like prototype; they're representing the first version of frozenedness (if that's a word). I thought about making other types as I made this, but figured it would be easy enough to change if I, or someone else, did.

Two, your spelling, or lack thereof, had better either be from the spacesuit gloves getting in the way or from your first language being a nonwritten one consisting mostly of gutterals and the occasional total destruction of a small village to make a point.]]-

If I made any spelling "mistakes" in the [[bracketed]] parts, it's entirely intentional. It's meant to indicate manner of speech. If I did in the actual rules part, then they should be rectified or something. I'll give it a look-over when I go to revise.

--
Orc