Wonko on 28 Jan 2003 19:23:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Enforce the Speed Limit... using recursion

Quoth Rob Speer,

> I propose: __Enforce the Speed Limit... using recursion!__
> {{
> 1. Create a rule: __N-triggers, a.k.a. Weird Recursive Crap__

I like those triggers, but I think that for the purposes of fixing the speed
limit, this isn't neccessary. Why not do this:

New rule 2148:
The Point Cap of a player, as referenced in this rule, is that player's
score at the beginning of the current nweek + 250.
If a player would gain points, but doing so would increase eir score beyond
eir Point Cap, e gains points until eir score equals eir Point Cap, and then
gains 1 point of style for every ten additional points of score e would
otherwise gain.

Or am I missing something here?

--
Wonko