Glotmorf on 27 Jan 2003 05:17:00 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Actions!

On 1/26/03 at 10:12 PM Wonko wrote:

>{{
>__On the Other Hand...__
>
>Add a new section to r950 [[__Hands__]]:
>{{
>__The Light Hand of the Admin__
>
>There exists a Hand called the Light Hand of the Admin. The Light Hand of
>the Admin can only be used to vote YES on a proposal that the Admin has
>affixed eir seal of approval to. The Admin may affix eir seal of approval
>any proposal by declaring that e does so during Voting.
>}}
>[[This gives Dave slightly more voting power; it also comes in handy two
>props down this msg]]
>}}

How many props can the Administrator give eir seal to?

>{{
>__A Tribute to Dave (and a nice conversation piece)__
>
>Add a new subsection to section E of rule 301:
>{{
>__The Statue of the Admin__
>
>There exists a passable SO called the Statue of the Admin. The Statue of
>the
>Admin is treated as if it were an Ancient Monolith, except that the
>following is true of it:
>* If a Big Rock falls on it only the Big Rock is destroyed
>* If the square it occupies becomes of substance Fire, it is not destroyed;
>instead, its location becoms of substance Earth
>* If it or its location is hit by a thrown Bomb Gnome, it is unaffected
>* Its entropy capacity is always 100
>* If at any time its stored entropy is greater than its entropy capacity,
>nothing happens except that all of its entropy is transferred to the
>nearest
>player, or a randomly chosen one of the nearest players to it if there are
>multiple players who are equally near to it
>
>The Statue of the Admin is missing one hand.
>}}
>
>If the proposal entitled, __On the Other Hand...__ passed, amend the
>aforementioned section to replace the last sentence with, "The Statue of
>the
>Admin is missing both hands."
>}}

How about having the Big Rock bounce?

> [...]
>There exists a Hand called the Light Hand of the Admin. The Light Hand of
>the Admin can only be used to vote YES on a proposal that the Admin has
>affixed eir seal of approval to. The Admin may affix eir seal of approval
>any proposal by declaring that e does so during Voting.
>
>E. Completing the Statue
>If one Hand is attached to the Body, and the other Hand becomes attached to
>the Body, the following occurs:
>* The last player to attach one of the Hands to the Body becomes the
>Summoner of Dave
>* The Statue becomes Complete
>* All Entropy stored in the Statue is distributed however the Admin chooses
>among all players other than the Summoner
>* All Players within 2 of the Statue are Pinballed by the Statue, except
>for
>the Summoner
>* The Statue gains 1000 Admin Points
>
>F. The Admin Walks Among Us
>While the Statue is Complete, it may be referred to as the Avatar. The
>Admin
>dictates what actions the Avatar performs.
>The Avatar can perform the following Actions, each of which costs some
>number of Admin Points:
>0 Admin Points: Pick Up, Put Down, Throw, Catch; these abilities are
>identical to their player-based counterparts
>3 Admin Points: Move directly to any square within three of the Avatar
>12 Admin Points: Raise/Lower the elevation of any square within eight of
>the
>Avatar by one, two, or three
>9 Admin Points: Thwock, Whack, or Pinball any object adjacent to the
>Avatar's location, except for the Summoner
>20 Admin Points: Create/destroy any one of the following at any square
>within 6 of the Avatar's location - Big Rock, Siren, Ancient Monolith, Big
>Stick, Athame, Ball of Wax, Airspeeder, Radar Tower
>30 Admin Points: Change any Characteristic of the Weather
>50 Admin Points: Smite any player, except for the Summoner. This is
>identical to Thwocking that player, except that the target player becomes
>Cursed, loses 50 points, and becomes a toad for an nweek.
>200 Admin Points: Set each player's entropy to Maximum Entropy
>X Admin Points: Any Force Ability, where X is the cost of that Ability in
>Force Points
>
>When the Avatar performs one of the above actions, it loses Admin Points
>equal to the ability's cost; it may do this even if it does not have that
>many Admin Points.
>
>G. And Afterwords
>
>When the Avatar has 0 or fewer Admin Points remaining, the Hands cease to
>be
>attached to the Body. All objects which are in the Avatar's possession when
>this happens, as well as the Body and each Hand, are moved to random Grid
>Squares. The Body and the two Hands cannot not end up on the same square as
>any of the others.
>}}
>
>Move the Body and both Hands to random Grid Locations.

Rule 25 is already called The Administrator.  Beyond that, I'll wait until I'm more awake.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower