Wonko on 13 Jan 2003 02:55:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Responses

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

>> From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Anyhoo, one thing really bugs me here: you never destroy the things. I
>> think
>> it would be much clearer, instead of keeping them on as "approved",
>> "denied", or "retracted", simply to destroy them as soon as nothing more
>> can
>> be done with them.
>
> Well, rule are 'repealed', and proposals are 'passed', but they don't cease
> to exist.  Just look them up in the historical docs.  Figured I'd do this
> the same way.

Repealed rules are destroyed. The fact that objects containing their texts
stay in the database is irrelevant.

>> Speaking of which, I've been thinking about giving different races special
>> abilities;
>
> I like this, but have just one problem with it:  I think Force is
> unbalanced.  While this is somewhat ok, as of course the stronger jedi can
> push others around, but extending this a so much, is, in my opinion, a Bad
> Thing.
> Thanks for the kick in the pants to get my races prop out.  I gotta get it
> in soon, so further props can adjust any imbalances I create.

Dude, you just said, "While this is somewhat ok, as of course the stronger
jedi can push others around, but extending this a so much, is, in my
opinion, a Bad Thing"

I think I see what you mean, though. I really think there should be some
sort of 'ability point' system, and I don't want more stuff for Dave to
track... Of course, y'all could be climbing up the Force Ladder, you know...
Yes, I'm a far stronger Jedi than anyone else; but at this moment, any one
of you could jump up a level. If y'all become stronger, it won't be so much
of an "I'm too powerful" thing, as a "newbies start off weak" thing.
    I do think we need some alternate ways of advancing along the Jedi path,
though. Anyone got any ideas?

--
Wonko