Glotmorf on 8 Jan 2003 10:43:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 30 BALLOT

On 1/7/03 at 5:02 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>>Proposal 1287/0: You May Say I'm A Dreamer (Anything McGee)
>>>Yes
>>>But you're not the only one... which is why I want philosophies to have
>>>different aspects for people to pick and choose from.
>>
>>Dude, you've said that many times... if you feel so strongly about it,
>>PROPOSE IT!
>
>Last time I tried changing one of Glotmorf's babies... well, you all saw
>what happened.  That, and I have a half written prop to expand on races
>that's been sitting idle for 3+ weeks due mostly to my no internet.  You
>guys are graced by my presence only by visits to my dad's office, where I
>help out with their computers. :)  And I leave today to get back to the
>school grind tomorrow, so who knows how much time I'll have.  And I still
>have music, life cores, some uber thing, and several other projects in the
>works either in my mind or the hard drive.

Excuse me.  If, by My Baby, you're referring to the Societies rule, I would like to clarify...

We did not argue because you wanted to make changes to My Baby.  We argued because you wanted to make changes that prevented M-Tek from functioning as it always had, that prevented WBE from functioning as it was intended, that overrode a peaceful negotiation Wonko and I had accomplished, and that introduced a significant exploitable flaw.

The aspect of our arguing that touched upon the Societies rule being My Baby had to do with claims that the Societies rule was obviously totally flawed and absolutely had to be rebuilt from the ground up.  That's what made it personal.  There may have been a flaw or two in it, but that doesn't make it obviously totally flawed.

Now, if there's an aspect of the game that you don't like, or that you think may present a problem, by all means propose a change.  But just because you don't like it doesn't necessarily mean it's obviously totally flawed.  It may not be obvious to others, it may not be totally flawed, and, from some perspectives, it may not even be flawed.

						Glotmorf
-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower