David E. Smith on 8 Jan 2003 05:43:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 30 BALLOT

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Wonko wrote:

> Actually, that reminds of something I've been meaning to ask: How hard is it
> to get new mailing lists?

The real problem there is that a LOT of things are very subjective, and
could be subject to abuse.

Your first example:

> [[like, "there's a
> game-destroying flaw in your proposal, and voting starts in ten minutes]]

Well, we've had a few things that arguably should have destroyed the whole
darn game, and the game does still seem to be here.

Short of 'Repeal all rules except rule 6' or something equally inane, the
game seems to be reasonably self-healing. Rule Zero alone makes pretty
darned sure of that; it's a wonderful piece of work, for which I'd like to
take this opportunity to thank Glotmorf (its author).

> Also, there could be one more discuss list devoted to some topic of Dave's
> choice, which gets changed as circumstances warrant

For the most part, as you might have noticed, I try to stay out of
discussions. This isn't my game; I just work here.

Also -- and this is just one opinion -- I prefer to have everything on one
list. Fewer email passwords for me to have to track. :)

...dave