Orc In A Spacesuit on 25 Nov 2002 17:52:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] when will the madness end?

Orc In A Spacesuit
is so preoccupied he can't even remember to alter his signature.

Well, I try to shake hands and go on... but no. Very well. I shall make some replies:

======================

bd says:
It can't refer to a player anyway, r2. And r2 DOES NOT apply in the Glotmorf
rules! rule.

Orc says: then r2 also does not apply to the administrator rule, and I became administrator.

===========================

Orc says: To most of us, the only non-game-killing resolution to this mess is Glotmorf not ruling everything. Glotmorf has taken steps to ensure eir continued rule. That is enough.

BvS says: -So stop attacking it, and he, and I, for that matter, will stop knocking down the attacks and retaliating, and what began as an argument won't escalate. Any farther. Maybe.

Orc says: And how do we know that you three won't continue this mad rule of yours, even if we do stop? We don't. Therefore, in the interest of the game, we continue not to attack, but to reinforce the fact that Glotmorf does not rule.

===========================

Orc says:The game suffers because you three keep battling to try to solidify your attempted takeover.

BvS says: What would you do in our place? Be honest, now. Everyone, in fact, imagine what you would do if you had such power and others were trying to take it away without provocation. I don't think anyone would surrender it. Not without having a little fun first. Hey, that gives me an idea...

Orc says: Be honest now? Ok. I would, in one post, give myself and any cohorts a win, patch up the hole that put me in power, and step down so the game can continue. I would not try to sit upon a throne and wreak havoc on the game.

Orc says: How about the argument "just surrender your believed powers, so this game can continue with less problems, as this game is not likely to go past this mess until this believed rule of yours is gone"?

BvS says: If you're so convinced it doesn't exist, why are you fighting so hard to stop it?

Orc says: Because as long as you three remain convinced that you rule, this game will not function with any semblance of normality. I am fighting to get you three to see that you don't have this power, either by establishing that it never existed, or by getting it removed after the fact. Whatever works.

In closing, I would like to remind you guys that it is you who continue this madness. All you have to do is give up your powers, or reset the game to the beginning of the nweek and then either don't get those powers, or get them again for a moment and give them up.

Orc/David