bd on 22 Nov 2002 20:20:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Survey Time!

On Thursday 21 November 2002 08:25 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> Survey Time!  My Races prop may have a big impact in the game in the
> future. It also can be changed a lot based on what everyone wants.  I'm
> putting out this survey to figure out what to change in it.  For reference,
> the prop is at http://comp.uark.edu/~jas29/nomic/racesprop.htm , if you
> don't want to sort through email.  Feel free to add comments or expand on
> answers.
>
> The best way to answer would probably be to reply, and delete all the
> answers but the ones you choose.
>
> 1. This prop has 10 races.  What do you think of this amount?
> a. Way too much
> b. A lot, but it's not really a problem
> c. Perfect
> d. It could use a few more
> e. I don't care
f. Some need to be replaced with others. Orc and Ogre are redundant, for
example. Also, Insects seem too strong.

> 2. About the race selection, and the _ONE_ you want:
> a. The one I want isn't there!
> b. I don't like the stats for the one I want!  Fix them now!
> c. I don't like the stats for the one I want, but I don't think they are
> broken.  Maybe I'll make a special bonus for that race later.
> d. I don't like any of them enough to pick any.
> e. I think the stats for the one I want are good.
> f. I don't care.
g. Haven't decided.

> 3. About the races in general:
> a. They way unbalanced/unfair!
> b. Nothing broken, but some races suck (other than the Droid, which will
> get bonuses elsewhere in the future).
> c. They seem good enough, might need some balancing in the future.
> d. I don't care.
c. Also, you may want to add a random modifier.

> 4. The prop restricts whether you can be M/F only, Drone only, or any,
> based on your race.  What do you think of this?
> a. Don't restrict people at all.
> b. But what about a <<gender>> <<race>>?  It could happen!  Change it!
> c. I like it.
> d. I don't care.
> 5. The prop creates 4 new attributes.  What do you think of this amount?
> a. Dude, the whole system sucks, it's too complicated.
> b. Maybe reduce one.
> c. Seems a bit much, but it's ok.
> d. Perfect (at least for now)
> e. But what about <<insert new attribute(s) here>>?  The could do
> <<something or other>>, and should be in the prop!
> f. I don't care.
d ( We'll add more later )

> 6. What do you think of the names and selection of the attributes?
> a. The names are crap and you picked the wrong stuff.
> b. I'd rather have <<X>> for <<Y>>.
> c. It'll work (for now).
> e. I don't care.

b. INT or WIS would be better than WIT.

> 7. The prop allows for the possibility  of future events and items to
> modify the new attributes (Like Speed Boots, +1 SPD).  What do you think of
> this? a. Too complicated.  Throw it out.
> b. I don't like that.
> c. I think that could become unbalanced too easily.
> d. I like it.
> e. I don't care.

> 8. Is the prop buggy?
> a. Yes, it'll mess up the game.
> b. Yes, but it's only minor, and can be fixed without problem.
> c. Just spelling/grammar
> d. No
> e. I don't know.
> f. I don't care.

b. A player should be able to specify a new gender at the same time as a new
race, to avoid the wrath of the LOGAS.

> 9. How do you plan to vote on this proposal?
> a. NO, because I don't like the idea.
> b. NO, because I don't want Orc to get points.
> c. SHELVE
> d. ABSTAIN
> e. YES, ONLY if the changes I want take place; otherwise SHELVE/NO
> f. YES, although I would like my changes implemented
> g. YES, this prop is perfect
> h. Haven't really made up my mind
[[ And I'll refrain from using my godlike powers just yet... :) ]]
--
bd
Iowa State -- the high school after high school!