Orc In A Spacesuit on 14 Nov 2002 17:17:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal change

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Another change to the "The Bigger They Are, The Mucher They Cost" proposal:

Add to the end of the proposal the following paragraph:

If a change to a proposal results in a proposal that would require more bandwidth than before the change, the proposing entity's bandwidth is further decreased to compensate for it; if this would take the proposing entity's bandwidth below zero, the change is not made. If a change to a proposal results in a lower bandwidth requirement, the difference in bandwidth is returned to the proposing entity.

[[ Individual players can thus mine one proposal for sufficient bandwidth to pay for another. Societies can solicit more bandwidth from its members, if necessary.

If a player winds up with a proposal that's too expensive for em to submit, eir best bet is to replace it with either a do-nothing or a one-bandwidth proposal, then get it through as a society prop and get others to contribute bandwidth. ]]

						Glotmorf

This still does not have a cap (and therefore could make some proposals flat-out impossible), and it forces societies on the players. Societies are optional, and I think they should stay that way. We don't need everyone creating a 'me society' made just to get something on the ballot. Yes, large props should require more bandwidth, but this is overkill. Just as we don't need sand and glass resources, we don't need to have to go around gutting proposals (which may be good ones).

Orc In A Spacesuit