Orc In A Spacesuit on 24 Oct 2002 00:18:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] preemtive corrections

From: "Glotmorf" On 10/23/02 at 2:51 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>It looks like no one has anything to say so far about the 2nd version of >my >societies/corporations prop, including the one guy who has said the most >in >the past, so it looks like I may have found a good version.

Even I need sleep, dude.

Ok. That's why I said 'so far'.  I didn't mean anything major by it.

If you're worried about "resources" not being defined, go ahead and define it, along the lines of "objects, attributes or other values that can be freely transferred between players."

In order to do define resources accuratly, I'd have to redefine a lot of stuff, which is why I'm writing the uber. My position is that _right now_ resources don't add enough to the game to make up for their potential problems.

And, please, just make Corporations a subset of Societies. IRL, NPOs do business with the rest of the world, and big Corporations are run like clubs. And combining the two will be more rule-efficient.

As I was going over the second version, I was actually having thoughts along the same lines myself. The reason I originally seperated the two is that I saw in my mind what corporations are meant to be, and that didn't quite fit with the current version of societies. But the way I've rewritten societies, they are becoming similar again. I'll look into changing that for version 3.

Orc In A Spacesuit