Orc In A Spacesuit on 24 Oct 2002 00:13:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] preemtive corrections

Appearently something goofed up, because my two responses I just made aren't showing up. Here's one again:

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 10/23/02 at 2:51 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>It looks like no one has anything to say so far about the 2nd version of
>my
>societies/corporations prop, including the one guy who has said the most
>in
>the past, so it looks like I may have found a good version.

Even I need sleep, dude.

I figured as much. Well, I wanted to say my corrections, and had written something else, and in my editing it ended up like that. Sorry if I seemed presumptuous.

If you're worried about "resources" not being defined, go ahead and define it, along the lines of "objects, attributes or other values that can be freely transferred between players."

In order to define them well, we'd either need to create a new rule defining warehouses or something, or a change to the ruleset to smooth things out. That ruleset change is what I am trying to make the uber be.

My positions is that resources, while they are something I want, currently cause too much instability in the ruleset.

And, please, just make Corporations a subset of Societies. IRL, NPOs do business with the rest of the world, and big Corporations are run like clubs. And combining the two will be more rule-efficient.

While I was writing the 2nd version, I had thoughts along the same lines. The reason I originally seperated them was that I saw them as having two distinct roles, but as I rewrote I saw that even with these distinct roles, they still functioned similarly. So I will probably recombine them soon.

Orc In A Spacesuit