Orc In A Spacesuit on 24 Oct 2002 00:18:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] today's OFFICIAL SCARY THOUGHT

From: "David E. Smith" Reply-To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [spoon-discuss] today's OFFICIAL SCARY THOUGHT Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:38:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> >I'm reading over the uber-prop and it makes sense. > > Orc In A Spacesuit > is in shock.

Heh.

Obviously, before things get finalized, you'll need to bring everything up-to-date: the first, and most glaring, thing I noticed was that the uber prop still has Entropy syllable limits.

Yeah, I will. That's part of the reason for me making more 'passes', going through the entire thing and rewriting stuff to reflect changes to the game. The other reason is that every pass I think of ways to do stuff better. A lot of the proposal is kinda behind other parts. I'll bring it up to date line soon.

And it'll lead to someone raking in the points on an nweekly basis, converting all the new rules for a given nweek into uber-compliant form.

Actually, I don't think it will. With each pass, the language of the rules seem to flow more naturally, more like regular English. Once it's implemented, and everyone gets used to it, people will just change their wording slightly occasionally. (Did I understand what you were trying to saying, or did I just go off topic?)

But overall, I'm growing somewhat fond of the idea. (Not at all fond of the idea of implementing it, performing each of the appx. 38992534 rules changes/updates/revisions/repeals that will be required, but that's more a problem for the "A Rant." discussion. :)

I've considered writing up a new version of the ruleset, one that reflects the changes, so people could actually see what it would cause, but I figured that wouldn't work to well with your scripts and database.

Orc In A Spacesuit