Glotmorf on 21 Oct 2002 06:37:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] fixing the societies

On 10/20/02 at 9:37 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>I have a prop nearly finished to fix the societies once and for all,
>making
>most of them Corporations (which are not societies), and doing away with
>all
>the mess we have.  However, there's a bit I would like to ask the society
>leaders about:
>
>Glotmorf, Prez of M-Tek: As it stands, Corporations cannot propose or
>vote,
>and Societies cannot vote.  Also, people must volunteer bandwidth for a
>Society to use to propose.  You can either keep M-Tek a Society, or make
>it
>a Corporation.  Your pick.

What do you mean, "as it stands"?  As it stands right now, there's nothing that says Corporations can't propose.  I will vote against any proposal that says Corporations can't propose.  It's an unnecessary restriction.

And unless you're planning to repeal r578 (which I'd also vote against), you can't change M-Tek with a proposal.  That would change its charter, the methods for which are regulated in r578.

>Wonko and Glotmorf, contested Wealthy Bastards: I'm making this a
>Corporation, and will most likely set Wonko at it's head, as e thought of
>it, though I have considered joint ownership.  You both are Wealthy
>Bastards, in a way, since Glotmorf has a lot o points.  But Wonko leading
>will be most likely.

It's not contested.  The current ruling is that Wonko isn't the Wealthy Bastard.  Wonko has appealed, but Wonko and I now appear to be in negotiation.

>I'll get the entire draft out soon, but I wanted to go ahead and ask this
>stuff now.

I'll wait until I see this proposal.  I distrust sweeping change, especially since in that belated judgment you gave you said "I don't care about the details."

						Glotmorf