Orc In A Spacesuit on 21 Oct 2002 02:38:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] fixing the societies

I have a prop nearly finished to fix the societies once and for all, making most of them Corporations (which are not societies), and doing away with all the mess we have. However, there's a bit I would like to ask the society leaders about:

Glotmorf, Prez of M-Tek: As it stands, Corporations cannot propose or vote, and Societies cannot vote. Also, people must volunteer bandwidth for a Society to use to propose. You can either keep M-Tek a Society, or make it a Corporation. Your pick.

Athena, founder of Athena's Society: I'm making Athena's Society a Corporation, but that name may be misleading. I have no problem and there is no rule-based problem with it keeping that name, but if you would like to pick a new one, go ahead.

Wonko May Not Vote, both of you, High Mookies: I'm leaving a The Secret Mookies as a Society, and leaving it with a new charter that is very limited, as whatever the current one is will be patently illegal. I'm also restoring the true creator to his position.

Wonko and Glotmorf, contested Wealthy Bastards: I'm making this a Corporation, and will most likely set Wonko at it's head, as e thought of it, though I have considered joint ownership. You both are Wealthy Bastards, in a way, since Glotmorf has a lot o points. But Wonko leading will be most likely.

I'll get the entire draft out soon, but I wanted to go ahead and ask this stuff now.

Orc In A Spacesuit