Baron von Skippy on 14 Oct 2002 13:55:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Infinite Improbability Drive

>I propose:
>
>{{
>__The Weirdest Speeder Upgrade You'll Ever See__

>}}
>
>You know, that seemed like a good idea an hour ago... damn, I'm tired.
>
>                                                   [[BvS]]

Oboy.  A chaos bomb.  Just what this game needs.
-You mean in addition to the players, some of whom (Wonko) are essentially chaos tactical nukes?-

First of all, it can do too many bad things to too many people, so I would vote no.
-That can be altered. This was one reason I shot it off so fast instead of sitting on it for a week- it's rather... hmm... I'm not sure that there's a single word that means "I started writing it after midnight and it's a translation of Douglas Adams into the nearest Game equivalent." Maybe "FUBAR." One thing to note: It does bad things to random players, that's your complaint. Okay, then, is that better or worse than it doing bad things to the player who uses it? Because you know, that can be easily arranged.-

Secondly, it talks about setting random grid squares to type void...I assume that includes surface squares, so that the void is no longer a bottom barrier, it can also be tunneled under. Um. I would vote no.
-I've never fully understood Void, really. Would it be better phrased to say that random squares have their elevation decreased to whatever they'd need to go down to to become Void?-

Third, since the whole die roll thing comes after the actual movement thing, it appears the die roll thing overrides the movement thing, so all these ugly things happen when one uses the drive, and one doesn't even get to move. So I would vote no.
-How do you figure? Movement comes first. "When a speeder moves via IID, 1d100 is rolled." Not until you have moved does the die roll happen.-

Finally, even if I *were* to vote yes, I'd probably CFI that, even if it's technically a prose prop, it should earn zero prose prop points since the Baron didn't actually, like, you know, whatcha call, write the prose. Perhaps we can give points to Douglas Adams' estate instead.
-Ah, got you there. That's the bit at the beginning, where I say "The following is an excerpt from _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_ by Douglas Adams, specifically the entirety of Chapter 9 of that book. Although the sections in comment brackets should be removed as though this were a Literary Proposal, that text is not original and Baron von Skippy will not be given Prose Form points for the passing of this proposal." Although I could counter-CFI that nowhere does it say in the rules that a Prose Prop (or a poetry one, for that matter) has to be original.-

Baron.  Get some sleep.
-Don' wanna!-

						Glotmorf

                                                  [[BvS]]