David E. Smith on 8 Oct 2002 06:46:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] For next nweek...

This should take care of a lot of potential problems in the future.

{{ __Da Problem Solver__

Append to Rule 25 the following:

"The Administrator may not also be a player. If at any time the
Administrator is also a player, e forfeits the game immediately. This rule
takes precedence over all other rules in this regard."

Give this rule a Chutzpah of 42.

}}

[[ There are multiple intended benefits to this:
   * Someone can rack up a few points by cleaning out all those "If the
     Administrator is not also a Player..." references. :)
   * Hopefully, without even the slightest possibility of my choosing to
     suddenly interfere with the game, people will be more receptive to
     things like "Wild West Justice" or even a reincarnation of "Let's
     Make It Imperial".
   * It codifies existing practice -- I have great difficulty keeping up
     with the game just running it. Half the time, I don't even get to
     read proposals; I just cut'n'paste them into the database. It'd be
     effectively impossible for me to also attempt active participation,
     unless you folks are partial to only having one ballot a month.
]]

Comments?

...dave

--