Orc In A Spacesuit on 7 Oct 2002 01:52:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Wonko's Slaves

From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Except you're on the list of initial members. Which means, by any reasonable
definition of 'initial', 'member', and 'list', that you start out in it,
regardless of what you later do. I seem to recall you using this to make a
society in which the Gremlins you named began in the society. No special
provision is made for players, so the same rules apply to you.

It's too late, pal, yer points are mine.

--
Wonko

Yes, I do believe you just made a huge list of bugs, and decided to exploit them rather than fix them... You seem a bit out of date.

From Rule 578/8, __Societies__, G.2:
"Only Players can be initial Members of a Society created by a Player Action. Entities in the list other than the Player declaring the Society must state their acceptance of membership into the Society in the same nweek as the declaration, or will be dropped from the list of initial Members."

Being on the 'list of initial members' doesn't make us members.

I just realized the ramifications of this. If interperted the right way, it could mean that all the 'initial members lists' of all the other societies didn't do anything, and unless something else added members, those societies never got members. Oh my. Well, good thing my charter named me Master, and doesn't requie membership to be the Master.

Orc In A Spacesuit
is the Master.