Glotmorf on 5 Oct 2002 03:31:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] CFI -- Dropping da Big One

On 10/4/02 at 11:24 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>> >athames,
>>pinball
>> >guns,
>> >boxes,
>> >nweek

>indistinguishable
>> >from

>>beginning
>> >of
>> >
>> >Seems to me that a better interpretation might be that your proposal
>>failed
>> >to create rule 6, on the grounds that 'Entity' was already defined in
>>such
>> >way that this wasn't an issue, and by altering r6, your proposal was
>> >violation r2 by making it so that there were entities without unique
>>names.
>> >
>> >Side note: If Mr. Morf's interpretation stands, then we also don't have
>> >Grid. Or more accurately, we have a Grid, but it has no Grid Squares or
>> >Surface Squares, 'cause they're all non-uniquely named. But that's okay,
>> >because the interpretation is bogus anyway.
>>
>>Of course grid squares are uniquely named.  Each is uniquely identified
>by
>>its (x,y) position.  That's why I didn't include service malls either,
>>because each is uniquely identified as the service mall at (x,y).  Same
>>with Big Rocks.  Sirens have names.  Gnome bags are one per player,
>>therefore each gnome bag is <Player X>'s gnome bag.  Lots of things are
>>uniquely named.  But points aren't.
>>
>>Funny that you're saying my proposal would have failed to create rule 6.
>>According to your logic in other arguments, I can create proposals, and
>>proposals can change the ruleset any way they want.  Can't have it both
>>ways, dude.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>
>-There is a deficiency in the answering of my question. Since when are any
>of the things you're CFIing game entities? What is an entity?-

Rule 6 says: "Entity: a person or thing that exists within the context of the game. All persons or things that are defined in the rules are entities that exist within the context of the game."

So if it was unclear before Rule 6 got implemented, it's clear now.

						Glotmorf