Glotmorf on 5 Oct 2002 03:26:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] CFI -- Dropping da Big One

On 10/4/02 at 10:34 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>>Statement:
>>
>>Points, shillings, units of raw material, big sticks, balls of wax,
>>athames, piles of kindling, towels, large and small lumps of scrap metal,
>>pinball guns, gnomes, beer cans, alcoholic beverages, shears, cotton
>>sponges, bonus boxes, shares of stock and airspeeders ceased to exist as
>of
>>the beginning of nweek 24.
>>
>>Analysis:
>>
>>The above objects, within their respective types, are indistinguishable
>>from one another.  They are all defined with rules whose Chutzpah is 1.
>>
>>Rule 2 states all game entities must have uniquely identifying names.
>>
>>Therefore, the objects mentioned above did not exist as of the beginning
>of
>>nweek 24.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>
>-Since when are any of those entities? And why in the name of Joe Pesci
>are
>you doing this?-

Rule 6: Entities are things within the context of the game.

Rules various: All those things named are objects.

Common English usage: Objects are things.

Common sense: Objects defined by rules of the game are things within the context of the game.

Therefore, objects are entities.

The second question is more difficult.  Partly to make all the latent effects of all those first-generation stocks finally go away. (That includes the 40 airspeeders Wonko bought with eir profits.)  Partly in response to Wonko's attempt to nuke everyone's stats. ("You wanna destroy the world?  Here's how you destroy the world...")  Partly because, like it or not, it's the truth, and if I'd proposed a rule change to fix it, someone -- I'd bet my mother's gold teeth on it -- would have CFI'd it instead of me.

I suppose I could have declared a State of Emergency, but...this seemed more...artistic?

						Glotmorf