Wonko on 18 Sep 2002 00:31:04 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Bnomic-private] Proposal: Jail

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 9/16/02 at 6:45 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> [[ Note: The proposal below, in my opinion, could have a pretty good
>> nomilogue to go with it. But I don't have time to write one. So if anyone
>> else can suggest a good one, I'll amend this proposal to include it, and
>> give say, all but one point of the proceeds to the author. Any takers?]]
>>

>> I submit the following proposal:
>>
>> {{
>> __Crime Doesn't Pay__
>>
>> Create the following rules:
>>
>> {{
>> __Criminal Behavior__ {*(Criminal),2*}
>>
>> Players may have the Attribute 'Wanted'. This attribute may be gained or
>> lost only as specified by the rules.
>>
>> A player immediately becomes Wanted when any of the following occurs:
>> *That player is kicked in the Ass four or more times within the same nweek
>> *A Bomb Gnome which that Player has Thrown Explodes on an Elbonian Airways
>> location
>> *A Bomb Gnome which that Player has Thrown Explodes at the location of a
>> Cop's Speeder.
>>
>> }}
>>
>> {{
>> __Jail__ {*(Grid,Points,Criminal),4*}
>>
>> There exist 6 Grid Squares called Cells. The group of all Cells may be
>> collectively reffered to as Jail.
>>
>> The 6 Cells have the following coordinates, respectively:
>> (1,-5)
>> (4,-5)
>> (7,-5)
>> (10,-5)
>> (13,-5)
>> (16,-5)
>>
>> All Cells always are of substance Earth.
>>
>> Players who are in Jail may not:
>> *Move from one Grid Square to another
>> *Spend BNS, unless a rule forces em to
>> *Catch Thrown Objects
>> *Throw Objects
>> *Give Kicks in the Ass
>> *Gain points if e has already gained 20 or more points that nweek.
>>
>> If a player would gain BNS while in jail, the BNS they would gain is put in
>> eir Bail Fund instead.
>>
>> If a player has been in jail for an nweek, e may then pay 300 BNS to be
>> released from jail. Any BNS in eir Bail Fund is automatically put towards
>> this cost. When a player is released from jail, e is put on a random
>> Service
>> Mall location, and any BNS left in eir Bail Fund is transferred to eir
>> possession.
>>
>> }}
>>
>> {{
>> __The Police__ {*(Gremlin,Grid,Criminal,Speeder),2*}
>>
>> There exist three Gremlins called the Police Gremlins. They may
>> individually
>> be reffered to as the First Police Gremlin, the Second Police Gremlin, and
>> the Third Police Gremlin, or Cops # 1, 2, and 3. [[If anyone comes up with
>> more creative names, let me know]] If at any time one of the Cops becomes
>> Active, it is immediately given an Airspeeder and placed on a randomly
>> selected Service Mall. At the beginning of each nweek, all Cops that are
> [...]

The Grid is *initially* 20x20. I made certain of that a while ago, I think
during a Less is More proposal, in anticipation of proposing things like
this.

As for the shortage thing, there's supposed to be an "if one exists" in
there somewhere. Thanks for pointing that out.

--
Wonko