Mark Haywood on 8 Aug 2002 01:34:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] A lot of replies 8/7/02

Glotmorf: Check out the "Historical Docs" link on the B Nomic page. You can enter the number of an object, be it rule, proposal or CFJ, and get all versions of that object.

Orc: Oh, thanks! Mithandir, you ought to head there too. Oh, and thanks to Wonko too, even though he was late :)

Already covered, Orc.

-----------

Glotmorf: Questions?  Comments?  Obscene gestures?

Orc: Stocks in real life give thier owners part of the profits/losses that the company has. I have an idea to go with this, but need to finish my Uber-Rule first. Anyone else, feel free to make a system based on that; just know that I am going to at some point, also. And hopefully have it ready by the time I State My Desire to Join.

Oh, obscene gestures too?
/¤ ¤\
d \ p
\^/
If you can figure  out what that is.

Looks like a guy with his tongue out, except your spacing is off. How about:
 ___
/¤ ¤\   Oh, and Glotmorf: No, yes, and yes, but the last two
d  \  p  are the same thing.
\_^_/

----------

Glotmorf:
_Public Exposure_
[The whole big messy thing about players removed]

Orc: Nice work, but man that is a big messy constructed mess. About as non-messy as it can be with what you are trying to do, but still messy. I think that we should make a few basic rules with no loopholes that have wide implications, and let those implications implicate themselves.

Wonko: Which reminds me, bd's prop in its current form would destroy the ruleset, as the first change would be implemented, that is, the repeal of the ruleset, afterwhich there would be no basis for the execution of the latter part of the proposal, or indeed for the existence of the proposal.

Orc: Actually, bd's repeals all at once, instead of in order like Uin's did. One instant they would all be there, the next none would. In any case, I do not suppord said proposal.

No, bd has two actions: 1) repeal ruleset, 2) put this in. With action 1 performed, there is nothing that makes action 2 legal or possible. And it's a bad, bad idea.

Orc In A Spacesuit
Current status: not in the game