Alex Truelsen on 24 Jun 2002 01:21:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] DimShip redo

>I don't think I'm going to vote for the return of DimShips, at least not
>in this form. They've had their day. Now we're getting suggestions for
>new attributes like Luck that *should* be Dimensions, but the rule can't
>call them that lest DimShips wreak havoc on them. (Random observation:
>"lest" is a fun conjunction to use.)

It's not a conjunction.  It's an archaic language component.

						Glotmorf

Archaic or not, it's still a conjunction-- that's its part of speech, like
'and' or 'but'.  It conjoins two distinct phrases together into one
sentence.  Didn't you ever get to watch Schoolhouse Rock as a kid?
[[Conjunction Junction, what's your function?  etc. :)]]

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-

-So, having come out of an emergency, we're now transitioning back slowly by arguing not about tiny little details of Nomic, but about tiny little details of anything and everything else. Speaking of which, I found the control to fix that little bugger of a problem, go me... and me having had no sleep in the past 33.3 hours...-

                                           -BvS-

-P.S. Yes, I know, I'm still using the delimiters... it's kinda a habit.-