The Voice on 23 Jun 2002 22:09:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] DimShip redo

>I don't think I'm going to vote for the return of DimShips, at least not
>in this form. They've had their day. Now we're getting suggestions for
>new attributes like Luck that *should* be Dimensions, but the rule can't
>call them that lest DimShips wreak havoc on them. (Random observation:
>"lest" is a fun conjunction to use.)

It's not a conjunction.  It's an archaic language component.

						Glotmorf

Archaic or not, it's still a conjunction-- that's its part of speech, like 'and' or 'but'. It conjoins two distinct phrases together into one sentence. Didn't you ever get to watch Schoolhouse Rock as a kid? [[Conjunction Junction, what's your function? etc. :)]]

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-