Alex Truelsen on 25 Jun 2002 01:36:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] DimShip redo

>>> In addition to the above, if a Player possessing the Sushi occupies a
>> DimShip
>>> with a Gun, e may, once per nweek, shoot the Sushi at a Player in a
>> DimShip in
>>> the same realm.  This is equivalent to forcefully giving the Sushi to
>> another
>>> Player, but does not require the Sushi to be owned for four ndays.
>> (This
>> takes
>>> precedence over Rule 213.)
>>
>> So if you're riding in a DimShip that is also occupied by the player with >> the Sushi, and your ship has a gun, your passenger can shoot the Sushi at
>> you?
>>
>> -Sure, why not? It's a dorsal cannon, and what goes up...-
>
> "Ooo...what does THIS button do?" It's a good reason to be careful who you
> let onto your ship, but I can see a case for two players sharing one.

I can also see this getting way out of hand. Since under your proposal
DimShips can be moved as many times per day as their pilot wants, and since
we already have a precedent for pseudocode actions, I could issue the
action:

While (I have not rescided this action) {
if (I have the sushi) and (by changing my DimShip's values I could be at the
same location as another player) {
I move my DimShip to that player's location;
I shoot the Sushi at that player;
I move my DimShip back to where it was before this action took effect;
}
}

--
Wonko

-Two ideas to solve this. One, make it so that the Sushi can only be transferred a finite number of times per day. Two, people could not do that, and you could stop looking for problems. I understand, it's a necessary function, and at least you didn't crash the game this time... By the way, were you Sushified, your pseudocode wouldn't work (I think), because it's not sushiied.-

                                           -BvS-