Dan Waldron on 18 Jun 2002 23:08:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Mega-Proposal (here we go)

> Sorry, but I plan to vote against your proposal. This proposal makes
> more of a drastic change to the game than the initial Ruleset, and I
> remember quite well how messed up that was. I like the idea, but it
> would need to be implemented in small steps.

It isn't such a large change as you think.  It leaves almost every aspect
of the game untouched.

> > Any rule that deals with gremlins, gnomes, or the like _has_ to be a
> > physical law, since mutable rules will not apply to non-beings.
>
> Arbitrary limitations like that are what scare me.

It is not an arbitrary limitation.  I believe that it makes sense to
seperate the physical mechanics of the game we are playing from the rules
regulating player behavior.  It also makes it more similar to the real
world, where the physical laws are seperate from rules made by people to
organize themselves.  This seperation is not possible without the
recognition that rules made by parliaments and kings do not apply to the
natural world.  But here we can inflict our will upon the natural world as
well.

Dan