Wonko on 18 Jun 2002 03:29:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal Number Two

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 6/17/02 at 11:03 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> Quoth Glotmorf,
>>

>>> This would slow down GremBall a bit (not that we've played that much of
>> it
>>> recently, but still), since up to now the thrown gremlin is in the
>> target's
>>> possession at the moment e says e catches it.  Some provision for this
>> to cut
>>> the two days short, perhaps?
>>>

>> It doesn't really make sense for objects to move faster if somebody's
>> waiting to catch 'em, does it?
>
> Didn't you once accuse me of applying physics to a non-physical phenomenon? :)
> I thought the point of this was to give a time limit for resolution of events.
> But if the event is resolved early, by someone catching the thrown object, why
> not let it be resolved then rather than have the catcher have to wait the
> extra day for the caught thing to "physically arrive"?

The idea here is that if someone throws you something, like a Gremlin or the
Football, and you try to catch it, there's still time for somebody else to
step in and, say, shoot you with a pinball gun to stop you from getting the
object.

But I've got an idea for the instant resolution thing forthcoming.

--
Wonko