Rob Speer on 2 Jun 2002 17:35:15 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Entropy Tests

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 01:03:33PM -0400, Wonko wrote:
> What about "If the player with the lowest nonzero score has at least 20
> fewer points than any other player with a nonzero score" - I'm not sure
> that's the exact wording, but it's from the Scoring Gremlin.
>
> Does it ask "is BvS' score less than Wonko's?" and get No, or does it ask
> "is Wonko's score less than BvS'?" and get No?

Aren't BvS' and Wonko's scores both undefined? It wouldn't compare them
at all; an undefined score cannot be the lowest, so it wouldn't get past
there.

If it's determining whether the player with the lowest nonzero score
gets any points, though, they don't, because it is false that they have
at least 20 fewer points than someone with an undefined score.
--
Rob Speer