Dan Waldron on 2 Jun 2002 05:06:54 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Entropy Tests

> Actually, the Entropy rule is one, because it checks on four different
> levels: below the one-syl threshold, above the one-syl but below the
> two-syl, above the two-syl but below the three-syl, and above the
> three-syl.

Actually, the relevant part of the entropy rule does exactly three tests,
and all of them work fine with the "false" assumption.

The rule works like this:

if (test 1) then impose 3-syllable limit.
if (test 2) then impose 2-syllable limit.
if (test 3) then impose 1-syllable limit.

There may be rules which use more complicated tests, but if we can break
those tests down into a series of simple tests then we should have no
problem applying the "false" rule.

Dan Waldron
ICQ 57894467