Glotmorf on 31 May 2002 03:41:51 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Proposed r0 proposal

On 5/30/02 at 10:46 PM The Voice wrote:

>>From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
>>Subject: Re: spoon-discuss: Proposed r0 proposal
>>Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:43:21 -0400
>>
>>On 5/31/02 at 1:31 AM Jonathan David Amery wrote:
>>
>> > b) The clock doesn't work.
>>
>>The clock doesn't work?
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>

>I believe that this is the logic train:
>1) It is impossible to know the score of anyone who owns a dimship.
>2) It is, therefore, impossible to know if anyone has won or not.
>3) The clock turns off as soon as someone wins.
>4) Therefore, we do not know whether the clock is on or off.
>
>-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-

Well, you can know *my* score, since I'm not displaced in score, but I see what you're concerned about.

But I still maintain the same argument.  Either the game is completely broken and what anyone's score is doesn't matter, or precedent dictates the game isn't broken and the runaway acceleration stuff didn't happen.  I favor the latter, because to allow the runaway acceleration is to allow the game to be broken.

						Glotmorf