Wonko on 29 May 2002 02:24:45 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Rough guessing

Quoth Rob Speer,

> Heyyyy. I just realized that I don't need to know what the scores were -
> just how many _additional_ points people got from their recursive
> DimShips.
>
> The Entropy counts probably wouldn't affect much, as people generally
> had Ballast in Entropy, so Global Entropy would be going down
> repeatedly. (So much for thermodynamics.)
>
> These were the Score buoyancies at the beginning of the week:
>
> BvS: ? (Now I'm really confused. But it doesn't matter.)
> Rob: +95
> Voice: +95
> Wild Card: 0 (It wasn't launched yet. My bad.)
>
> So now I look through Daily Recognizers for all the times when anything
> would check someone's Score.
>
> On the 21st, some points were taken away from supposed HOOP members, but
> those points never existed in the first place, so they don't count.
>
> On the 23rd, there were some more nonexistent points for the HOOP. They
> were then CFJed out of existence again, so again the dimships couldn't
> have taken effect. I paid for the Witch Gremlin; hence, my Score was
> checked, and I gained 95 points, making 294 with my present score.
>
> On the 24th, BvS set his Score buoyancy quite definitively to +50. No
> need to worry about that uncertainty. Since his score is checked in
> displacing him, he gained 50 points, making 494.
>
> On the 25th, Wild Card set his Score buoyancy to +20, making 106 with his
> score.
>
> And then, the votes.
>
> BvS made one proposal. For proposals, it doesn't matter whether they
> passed or failed; they check your score to add or subtract from it. BvS
> gets +50 for 544.
> I made two proposals. +190 -> 484.
> The Voice made 4 proposals besides the Respect one. +380 -> 665.
> Wild Card made 4 proposals. +80 -> 186.
>
> Wonko sets his Dimship to +100 Score, which is then counted once for each
> subsequent Entropy Ship he buys. +600 -> 692. Wonko also becomes the
> soberest person in the world at minus several hundred BAC.
>
> Wonko gets points stolen from him by Robin; unfortunately this displaces
> his DimShip again. +100 -> 792.
>
> Miraculously, nobody went over 1000. Which means I know what I'll do
> next.

Aha, something else you overlooked.
A) I bought a seventh DimShip set to +99 Score. (Spoon-business,5/27/02,
5:15 PM)
B) I wasn't getting returns from Business at the time I bought my DimShips.
So I reposted. (Spoon-business,5/27/02, 6:32 PM) Which means I reset my
Dimship to +100 Score, and bought 5 new Entropy Ships and a new Score Ship,
entirely by accident, easily pushing me over the 1000 mark.

--
Wonko
suspects e may soon be recognizing an emergency...