Rob Speer on 29 May 2002 01:34:37 -0000

spoon-discuss: Rough guessing

Heyyyy. I just realized that I don't need to know what the scores were -
just how many _additional_ points people got from their recursive
DimShips.

The Entropy counts probably wouldn't affect much, as people generally
had Ballast in Entropy, so Global Entropy would be going down
repeatedly. (So much for thermodynamics.)

These were the Score buoyancies at the beginning of the week:

BvS: ? (Now I'm really confused. But it doesn't matter.)
Rob: +95
Voice: +95
Wild Card: 0 (It wasn't launched yet. My bad.)

So now I look through Daily Recognizers for all the times when anything
would check someone's Score.

On the 21st, some points were taken away from supposed HOOP members, but
those points never existed in the first place, so they don't count.

On the 23rd, there were some more nonexistent points for the HOOP. They
were then CFJed out of existence again, so again the dimships couldn't
have taken effect. I paid for the Witch Gremlin; hence, my Score was
checked, and I gained 95 points, making 294 with my present score.

On the 24th, BvS set his Score buoyancy quite definitively to +50. No
need to worry about that uncertainty. Since his score is checked in
displacing him, he gained 50 points, making 494.

On the 25th, Wild Card set his Score buoyancy to +20, making 106 with his
score.

And then, the votes.

BvS made one proposal. For proposals, it doesn't matter whether they
passed or failed; they check your score to add or subtract from it. BvS
gets +50 for 544.
I made two proposals. +190 -> 484.
The Voice made 4 proposals besides the Respect one. +380 -> 665.
Wild Card made 4 proposals. +80 -> 186.

Wonko sets his Dimship to +100 Score, which is then counted once for each
subsequent Entropy Ship he buys. +600 -> 692. Wonko also becomes the
soberest person in the world at minus several hundred BAC.

Wonko gets points stolen from him by Robin; unfortunately this displaces
his DimShip again. +100 -> 792.

Miraculously, nobody went over 1000. Which means I know what I'll do
next.
--
Rob Speer