Joel Uckelman on 18 May 2002 19:34:06 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: I become a player (attempt #2)

Thus spake "Ed Murphy":
> J. wrote:
>
> > nomic.net is a CNAME for charybdis.ellipsis.cx. At least one player's mail
> > server is happier when the Sender is ellipsis.cx, so I changed it to that.
> > Sorry if that caused problems for anyone. I see no reason to redesignate
> > the public forum as a result, because spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx is the same
> > list as spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Except that the Administrator has declared them to be different.  And I don't
> really want to argue otherwise, as it would require an impossibly ugly game
> rewind to catch *all* messages sent to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxxx and ignored
> for that reason.

Well, don't send messages to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxxx; keep sending them
to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxx The only thing I changed is the Sender header
that shows up on messages distributed to the list. The list address has not
changed. And if mail shows up on the list, then it's coming from the public
forum. So I don't see a problem here.

--
J.