Wonko on 19 Apr 2002 02:53:48 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Thursday Evening)

Quoth David E. Smith,

> Since Wild Card plugged the hole that allowed free modification of
> meta-rules, the various changes perpetrated afterwards are illegal and not
> recognized.

I'm not sure about that...

> The Voice queues a Grid move and buys a DimShip.
> Bean goes for a block, dropping a Big Rock on (20,10) (cost 15 pts).
> Wonko drops a second Rock, obliterating the first one, and the Siren that
> was on the first one. Ooh, squishy.
> (Wonko is out 18 points.)

So I help my team get 20 points each by spending 18 of them before I even
get them? Woo! Go money management skills!

> Dan comes off leave, makes a proposal, and goes on leave.
> (I'm surprised nobody's thought to add that silliness to the LOGAS.)

So far, it's only happened once, and I got the impression that Dan had some
pretty good reason for doing it. We'll ban it if it becomes abused.

> "Gnomes Up the Wazoo" is 607/0. Ugh. (Also 607/1.)

Just out of curiosity, why the 'Ugh."?

> "The Newer Yeti" is 584/2.

Is this easier for you to deal with?

> I'd like to point out that, technically, I shouldn't have recognized most
> of this, as the Clock turned Off over a day ago (because I'm an idiot and
> didn't look closely enough at my calendar when writing the successful
> Proposal 504/1). Nothing more will be recognized between now and 00:00:01
> UCT, April 21, 2002 (i.e. Sunday afternoon). Actually, nothing else will
> probably be recognized until Monday morning. Hell, I dunno. At any rate,
> you've got a couple days to discuss the 38 proposals on the current
> ballot.
>
> Is it too late for me to post a Rectification on that proposal, to reflect
> my true travel schedule? :-)

Does the admin count as a player? If not, the Default Case rule doesn't
apply to you, so you can shut off the Clock whenever you want 'cause no rule
regulates that power.

--
Wonko