Gavin Doig on 11 Mar 2002 18:28:14 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Monday morning)

> Aren't you the one that's been arguing that the
> game state is independent of whatever Mr. A
> says?  So, yes, he had to recognize them in
> order, but nevertheless they existed in the
> proper order whether he recognized them or
> not.

Yes, I was arguing that. I was, however, careful to point out that this does not apply where the rules specifically state that the admin needs to recognise things before they happen. Thanks to Wonko's revision of r17, "Actions cannot occur unless they are recognized by the Administrator". So no, they don't exist unless he recognises them (which has always been the case for proosals).

> The implication, though, of your argument is
> that he'd have to essentially compose a
> massive version of the Daily Recognizer to
> re-recognize everything in proper sequence
> since the time my proposals appeared on
> spoon-business.

Yes.

> But the proposals themselves should be there.
> So I should, in a few hours, theoretically be able
> to cast my vote on, say, the _Serialized
> Forms_ proposal, the _Ice Gremlin_ proposal,
> etc., regardless of what their actual numbers are.

They've never been recognised, so they never existed. I'd proose something to fix this (like going back to the original version of r17), but... well, you see where I'm going. ;-)

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html