Donald Whytock on 11 Mar 2002 18:21:24 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: Scarf

On 3/7/02 at 8:40 AM Daniel Lepage wrote:

>Why not just leave it as it is? Right now, yes,
>there's always the possibility that two people will
>monopolize the scarf, but if that happens somebody
>else could simply *propose* to move it to a different
>player (and the two monopolizers probably wouldn't get
>it back for a long time).
>
>--Wonko

I don't like to use the F-word.  I really don't like to use the F-word in a game context, especially in a Nomic game where players are constantly trying to subtly gain advantage over one another.  But now I feel compelled to use the F-word when I say that the Scarf might not circulate amongst Players who have a particularly unique style that's hard to appreciate except when one is obliged to seriously consider it; and therefore, were it necessary to circulate the Scarf among a minimum number of Players before it could be re-issued to a given Player...

...Then it would be Fair.

But I can see that the Scarf element alone is going to cause the entire proposal to not gain sufficient support, so I'll do a last-minute overhaul of it, establishing a framework that can be built on later.

						Glotmorf