Donald Whytock on 11 Mar 2002 18:43:34 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Monday morning)

On 3/11/02 at 1:27 PM Gavin Doig wrote:

>> Aren't you the one that's been arguing that the
>> game state is independent of whatever Mr. A
>> says?  So, yes, he had to recognize them in
>> order, but nevertheless they existed in the
>> proper order whether he recognized them or
>> not.
>>
>Yes, I was arguing that. I was, however, careful to point out that this
>does not apply where the rules specifically state that the admin needs to
>recognise things before they happen. Thanks to Wonko's revision of r17,
>"Actions cannot occur unless they are recognized by the Administrator". So
>no, they don't exist unless he recognises them (which has always been the
>case for proosals).

Damn.  So if someone actually went and CFJ'd that my earlier proposals had to be recognized first, it'd pretty much blow everything after that off the ballot.  Hell, not even the ballot...every spoon-business action since then, except for the two CFJs Mr. A recognized after recognizing my proposals.

Tempting.  Very tempting.  Though with scant hours available before ballot time, that would probably piss off rather a lot of people...

						Glotmorf