David E. Smith on 9 Feb 2002 23:33:34 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Friday night/Saturday morning)

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Donald Whytock wrote:

> Um...why not have a couple admin-accessible web apps that generate
> static HTML pages from database queries on a demand basis?  When you

It's so simple, I didn't even think of it. That's why. :-)

I've got to hash out a couple of permissions issues, but it works
splendidly on my home system. (Joel's system, being accessible to the
outside world and all, actually *has* security and stuff. And I don't want
to make files that are world-writable for reasons that, to geeks, should
be obvious.)

An aside: I think the intent of the "seven days" proposal was that it be
self-deleting (i.e. it was only a one-time pause of seven days, not
something that happens every nweek).

I'm also not too comfortable with the notion of my being able to stop the
Clock at a whim. What if, while the Clock is stopped, I get hit by a bus?
Maybe if I ask for a temporary stoppage (i.e. "Stop the Clock until the
Watch reaches three ndays"), preferably one that requires at least a
nominal backing of other players (just two or three supporting votes, but
the number's flexible).

...dave