Donald Whytock on 8 Feb 2002 06:31:43 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: Breather

On 2/8/02 at 1:00 AM Tyler Crosby wrote:

>5) And finally, the proposal which will get me back on Dave's good side
>after all that and give us some time to catch our collective breath:
>
>{{
>__Ahh....__
>
>Create a new rule entitled __A Breather__ with the following -0- delimited
>text:
>
>-0-
>At the beginning of every nweek, the following things shall occur in order
>immediately:
>
>1)The following () delimited paragraph shall be appended to the end of
>rule
>3/4:
>()
>While the Clock is Off, Judgements may be passed and enacted on current
>CFJs.
>()
>
>2)The Clock will be turned Off.
>
>When the Watch reads 1 wweek, the following things shall occur in order
>immediately:
>
>1)The final paragraph of rule 3/5 shall be deleted.
>
>2)The Clock will be turned On.
>
>3)This rule will repeal itself.
>-0-
>
>[[The purpose of this is to give Dave some time to effectively make all
>the
>changes to his DB and the website without being overwhelmed by Real Life
>(TM) and without us piling on more stuff...  It also gives us a little
>break
>time and an opportunity to clear up any outstanding CFJs we have...  This
>is
>really a good idea folks, think about it.  Do it for Mr. Administrator.]]
>}}

Automatic rule changes make more work for Mr. A because he's the one who has to implement them by hand. :)  Why not instead add a rule that says Mr. A can turn The Clock off any time he wants to for up to seven days, so that he can catch up with stuff?

						Glotmorf