Eric Gerlach on 30 Jan 2002 20:29:07 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: The Haiku Bonus

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Jonathan Van Matre wrote:

> __Bandwidth Limitation Of A Different Stripe__
>
> [[This should encourage some creativity as we try to shoehorn meaningful proposals into the laconic haiku form.]]
>
> Create a new rule:
>
> __The Haiku Bonus__

Hrmm... as interesting as this is... I must oppose it.  For a few reasons:

1) I'm against it in principle: http://www.phenry.org/junkdrawer/haiku/
(this doesn't propose to allow joke haiku, but it's about the same...
limerick rules would be funny, or some well thought-out sonnets....)

2) I don't think this will make intelligeble, useful rules;

3) Excuse my lack of poetry terminology knowledge, but what the heck are
feet?

4) I'd like to save the title "Zen Master of Nomic" for something more
Zen-ish :)

5) This might fit somewhat better with something I'm going to propose next
nweek. :)

Bean