Greg Ritter on 11 Jan 2002 11:07:43 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Titles, and a better bandwidth limit

At 03:11 PM 1/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:

The problem with a bandwith limit is that it doesn't generate less
proposals, it just generates longer ones.

I agree with that, but it's a separate issue.

Long proposals aren't a result of Bandwidth Rationing, but a result of Rule 19/4 which says "A proposal is a formal request for a set of Rule Changes or other changes."

We change that to singular -- (e.g. A proposal is a formal request for a Rule Change or other change) and we have no problem with lengthy legislation.

Repealing Bandwidth Rationing doesn't solve the problem of length legislation. That can only be done by changing Rule 19/4.

Besides, you're always free to vote against all proposals of someone
who in your opinion makes too many of them.

Who wants to spend that much time typing "NO" over and over???